"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love."
-Almost Famous

Thursday, October 13, 2011

One of the Most ESSENTIAL Tools for a PR Professional

I get a lot of my original blog post topics from PR Daily. It's a really useful site by Ragan Communications with all things Public Relations related. These are articles about PR by successful PR professionals. The site has many really useful sections such as Media Relations, Crisis, Marketing, Writing & Editing, and there's even a Social Media section. You can even sign up for their daily newsletter where they send you the newest and most useful new articles on their sites. 


This PR Daily news site definitely helped me immensely with navigating the everchanging and confusing world of PR. One of the most crucial aspects that a PR practitioner must understand is that the world and the news is constantly changing and it's our job more than almost anyone else's to keep up with it on a constant basis. Because of this site, not only do I find lots of new and interesting topics to talk about in this social media blog, but I also find incredible resources that will help me when I start my job search this December. For example, I just read articles on the skills that employers look most for in today's PR professional and 9 job-hunting tips for millennials in the PR market. These are things that us PR students that are about to enter the real world as DYING to know, yet we're not actively looking for the answers. 


So if you're reading this and you actually want to become a successful PR professional, I urge you to type as fast as you possibly can and sign up for the PR Daily Newsletter. It'll only help you in the long run. 


link: http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment