"Great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love."
-Almost Famous

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Biggest PR Trends of 2012

I get a lot of PR newsletters sent to my email and generally, while they all seem pretty interesting, I find myself not having the time to read all of them. However, today one headline caught my eye: "The Biggest PR, Marketing, and Communication Trends of 2012" 


As I plan on starting my post-grad (please, PLEASE don't make me graduate) job search in December, I find myself frantically reading anything and everything that can tell me how to make myself more attractive to employers and actually succeed in the crazy and competitive world of Public Relations. That means constantly being up-to-date on the newest and best practices in PR, so obviously I read this article. 


Trend #2: Decentralize Social Media, really popped out to me because we recently turned in our social media integration project and my paper focused on Best Buy. Best Buy is one of those companies that have completely absorbed the concepts of social media and internalized & integrated it into every aspect of their company. Unfortunately, they're one of the only ones. Too many companies have just a social media department, or worse, a social media intern. I'm really looking forward to seeing how 2012 brings complete structural overhauls in social media policies in companies. 


link: http://socialmediatoday.com/mynewsdesk/397789/pr-communication-and-marketing-trends-2012-part-1

No comments:

Post a Comment